Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bad Day :(

   So Tay and I go to an online school. One of the many problems with this is that technology is not always very trustworthy. And neither is technical support. Lately I have been having problems submitting my assignments. Which means that I am having constant emails back and forth with my teachers and none of my assignments from starting weeks ago have been turned in. So I called technical support. I tried to explain to some guy who didn't have any idea what he was doing but obviously that turned out to be a fail. The whole time I was trying to tell him that the problem was if he couldn't fix my computer I would have to do all of my assignments again and that was the last thing that I wanted to do. He acted like he understood what I was saying and said he would send me a disk that would fix all of my problems. It would arrive in one to three days. At around five days we called back to see what had happened and we found out that he had forgotten to make a slip for me and the disk was never sent. He sent us another and when it finally got here we read the instructions and it turned out the disk he sent me was for erasing everything on my computer and starting it from scratch. Because the problem was that I didn't want to do my assignments again so the obvious solution is to send me a disk that will erase all of my documents and make me do them all over again, right? I think I went insane around that point. Now we have tried flash drives, multiple computers, everything, and through all of this I constantly have teachers emailing me about missing assignments and how I'm getting truant or already there. I think my teachers have had memory lapse because I just sent them emails about how my computer is broken and not saving documents correctly. Anyways I had to get that off my back and like another blogger button says: 'Blogging is cheaper than therapy.' Thanks for reading my tirade against technology and tech support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haha